Vesalius Ventures is a Houston based venture capital accelerator solely dedicated to identify, evaluate, create, and manage early to mid-stage investment opportunities in healthcare
The program will allow students to work directly with Vesalius Ventures and a number of its portfolio investments. This program will be beneficial for both Vesalius Ventures and the students, by providing experienced MBA students an opportunity to perform deal analysis and review, and a chance to apply the knowledge gain in the classroom to the real world problems which companies face.
The student will be involved in investment due diligence with specific experience with
- Business Development: analyze market and develop business strategy, business development activity for Vesalius and portfolio companies and assist in business management and planning;
- Financial Evaluation and Analysis: Financial proforma/projections of companies, cap tables and term sheets analysis and contracts & agreements;
- Industry Analysis: analyze sectors of healthcare industry and individual companies, and follow up business and technology trends in healthcare
The program will also allow great networking opportunities for MBA students interested in venture capital and technology start-ups and could provide students future employment opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge in financial modelling, P&L forecast modelling, SWOT analysis, etc. ;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude with excellent business judgement and ethics, and a strong desire to succeed;
- Healthcare industry and international working experience is preferred
- 2nd year MBA student;