Lilie New Entrepreneurs Grant awards $10,000 to incoming student(s) to develop startup ideas.
- The recipient(s) will be awarded up to $10,000 to develop and implement an exceptional idea, innovation, discovery or entrepreneurial undertaking in the course of their undergraduate study at Rice.
- The recipient(s) will be allowed to withdraw funds (not exceeding $10,000) incrementally to support the design and growth of his/her project.
- In addition to financial support, the winner(s) of this award will have the support of faculty, mentors, and programs of the broader university and the Lui Idea Lab for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Lilie).
- Any major or discipline is welcome. The program aims to support students seeking to develop ideas while enhancing their educational experience.
Who can Apply?
- Only incoming freshman are permitted to apply for the grant.
- Applicant must have been accepted in to Rice University as a first year student beginning Fall 2017.
- The applicant must have paid their tuition deposit to Rice University by May 1, 2017 (Admissions Office guidelines).
How to Apply?
- Fill out the following information in the application HERE by July 1st.
- You will be expected to upload an entrepreneurial highlight from your background, a pitch about a preliminary idea, produce a personal statement and project abstract, and provide two letters of reference.
- Winner(s) will be announced no later than July 18, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Caitlin.Bolanos@rice.edu