E-Technology Research has organically built a network of over 2,600 global CIOS / CTOs which we have surveyed 4 times a year for five years about their IT budget spending intentions. Impressive density of the data: over 400 in Fortune 1000, half those in the Fortune 100; cities, universities, federal agencies. The detail of the data is incredible – directionally, categorically across over 260 public / private vendors. Robust statistical predictability provides accurate forecasting models. Over 65 blue chip buy side clients use this data to help make investment decisions.
We are now exploring with our CIO network their technology needs and wants. We are taking this critical feedback and plan to bring it to the emerging start-up community. Conversely we are canvassing that same start-up community to find potentially disruptive technologies to vet with our CIO network. We have created an R&D Lab to bring all this together to hyper-accelerate and enterprise scale selective start-ups. Over 200 of our CIOs have already agreed to be mentors, joining as advisors to our R&D lab participants. There seems to be a need for organized capital between traditional incubator exit and larger Series A rounds. We have raised a fund to meet that need, either as the lead investor or a co-investor.
Finally to fill out this ecosystem, we are inviting only 30-40 innovative public technology companies to join. They will benefit from the detail and robustness of the data as well as insight from the network. This includes forward looking market share trends and emerging technology views. The organized Customer in Residence program (beta) provides a unique interaction between company and customer. Additionally, our R&D Lab offers an in-depth view of corporate vetted / mentored disruptive companies. Participation in our key conferences, roundtables and webinars is also key value proposition. Finally, the members of this select group will figure prominently as investments in our public investment fund.
- Assist in sourcing emerging start-ups, conducting due diligence, financial modelling and valuation.
- Be part of the seed fundraising process.
- Help R&D Lab portfolio companies as we introduce them to our CIO network and facilitate trials, including product road-maps, pricing and go-to-market strategies.
- Coordinate partnerships with incubators, universities, government agencies and VCs.
- Manage deliverables for corporate advisory business.
- Contribute to strategic planning and service design.
- Participate in capital raise for long short hedge fund offering.
- Assist in fundamental and quantitative research for hedge fund.
- Knowledge of technology industry
- Superior financial modelling skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Private equity experience helpful
- Passion for entrepreneurship
Application: Apply through the E-Lab application site