#what The 8th Annual Elevator Pitch Competition is open to any Rice undergraduate student or team with a business concept or idea. Entries may be at any stage of development and can include engineering design project teams, as well as independent or team design project ideas from across the campus. The top ten teams/individual applicants will present 90-second pitches for their projects, which will describe the designs, the problem or need being solved, the competitive advantages, and the commercial potential of the devices and other products. The top 3 teams will win cash prizes based on the judges’ scores. We will be awarding up to $7,000 in cash prizes.
#who This competition is open to ANY Rice undergraduate student or undergraduate team with a business concept or idea. Entries may be at any stage of development. Not only could you win some serious #cashmoney, but learning to pitch – or clearly expressing an idea or what you are working on – is applicable for a variety of situations:
- Job interviews
- Class presentations
- Research projects
- Venture funding
- Speed dating
#date: Final competition is Wednesday, November 16, 2016 (Applications due October 31st)
#time 6:00pm – 8:00pm
#where McMurtry Auditorium, Duncan Hall
- October 24th (Required):Lunch & Learn over pizza to hear more about the competition, what makes a good elevator pitch, and how to improve yours. We require all applicants to attend this luncheon, but if you have scheduling conflicts please contact email@example.com. RSVP HERE.
- October 26th-27th: Personal coaching sessions available for teams/individuals to get guidance on their pitch performance before producing their application video. RSVP HERE.
- October 31st: Application (including video submission) is due. APPLY HERE.
- November 6th: Two wild card entries are determined from 3 Day Startup presentations. Learn more about 3 Day Startup HERE. 3 Day Startup entries need to submit video and application information by November 8th.
- November 8th: 10 Finalist teams/individuals are announced.
- November 14th-15th (Required): Mandatory coaching sessions for 10 finalists. More details to come.
#contact; Join us on Slack at entrepreneurshiprice.slack.com via the “#elevator-pitch-2016” channel to ask any questions and get latest announcements. Or, if you haven’t simplified your life with Slack, you can email Caitlin Bolanos at Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is brought to you by:
- The Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Liu Idea Lab for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Lilie)
- The Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Oshman Engineering Design Kitchen (OEDK)
- Rice Center for Engineering Leadership (RCEL)